When it’s freezing outside, and heater is running inside, your skin is defiantly having a reaction and not in a good way. But your lips are in trouble the most, as the skin there is very thin and sensitive. The good news, for every problem, there is a solution. Knowing it, you can do the magic!
To keep your pretty pout in a perfect condition when winter is harsh, you have to take care a little bit more than usual by using right products for your lips. Everyone has different tastes and preferences; the most important consideration is how good of a job those products do for you.
Through the years, I tried so many lip balms that promised to hydrate, protect, nourish, renew, give softness and provide many more good things. I gave each of them chance to surprise me and to stay with me forever.
Before you see my favorite lip balms that were going through picky lips, I want to give some advice how to take care every step all the way with your lip routine. Here it is:
1. Wash your lips with a lip cleanser. Yes, there are products for just washing your lips, like Bliss Foaming Lip Cleanser.
2. Use a gentle lip exfoliator. I like Fresh Sugar Lip Polish and Bliss Sugar Lip Scrub. There are two other alternatives to ready-made scrub products. First, you can make your own lip exfoliator, with sugar, olive oil and honey. Second, you can simply use your toothbrush, with very gentle circular motions. After rinsing with lukewarm water, your lips are ready for the next step.
3. Apply lip mask or lip treatment. I like Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy or Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. Usually with this kinds of product for lips, you can leave on or else remove after 15 minutes.
La Mer The Lip Balm
– Has Lip Lipid Complex that delivers moisture and helps prevent damage;
– Relieves dryness and flaking, and helps to heal seriously dry lips;
– Keeps vulnerable lip skin from extreme conditions of heat and cold;
– Has a soft texture and a pleasant refreshing mint flavor.
RMS Beauty Lip and Skin Balm
– It deeply nourishes and repairs the lips and skin;
– This unique cream instantly hydrates, softens and protects the skin;
– Skin rejuvenating formula has healing abilities;
– It has two nice scents: Vanilla and Cocoa (love them both);
– All RMS Beauty products are natural and organic.
Clarins Instant Light Lip Comfort Oil
– It enhances, soothes and nourishes with pure plant oils, such as Mirabelle Plum, Jojoba and Hazelnut;
– Transforms lips from dry and damaged to plump and luscious;
– It has non-sticky texture and available in two scents: Honey (which I have) and Raspberry (planning to try).
BY TERRY Baume de Rose
– It concentrated in lipid-replenishing Shea Butter;
– Essential Rose Wax soften and sooth;
– Vitamin E protects from a free radicals;
– Floral Oils intensely repairs and nourish lips;
– Ceramides restructure, and Filling Spheres hydrate and smooth;
– SPF 15 protects from UV filters;
– Non-sticky with a delicate Rose scent;
– Can also be massaged onto the nail contour to soften the cuticles and eliminate dry, hard skin;
– Available in two forms: a glass jar and a travel-friendly tube.
Dior Crème de Rose Lip Balm
– Essential oils and Shea butter nourish and moisturize;
– It has smoothing and plumping effects;
– SPF 10 protects skin from UV filters;
– Has universal petal pink shade that you can wear on its own or under any other lip color.
Those five Lip Balms keep my lips healthy and beautiful! Hope you have your own ”keepers” that make your pout kissable!
PS: Always apply lip balm before lip gloss for protection, as gloss tends to dry out sensitive lip skin.
Homemade Lip Exfoliator: Olive Oil, Sugar and Honey